On November 1st Seth and I took a fantastic and much needed vacation. We went to Disneyland. Disneyland is not Seth's ideal vacation spot. Seth being the amazing husband he is, agreed to spend his vacation in California. I did have to compromise a little. I was only allowed to go to Disneyland two days. We had to spend a day at the beach, Seth's request/demand. We also had to try something new, so we went Knott's Berry Farm.
We left early Tuesday morning and made the long drive to California. The drive really wasn't too bad. We got to our hotel and decided to walk over to Downtown Disney and look in the stores. I was so excited to finally be in Disneyland:). I love the big Disney store. They have everything there. We also went into the Lego store, which was pretty awesome.
Wednesday we went to Disneyland. I promised Seth we would go to California Adventure and go on Tower of Terror first. (Last time we went to Disneyland we didn't get to go on that ride) We walked into the park and there were more workers standing around than people coming to the park. We went on Tower of Terror three times in a row. It was pretty awesome. We also went on Screamin' roller coaster a few times in a row. We went on almost every ride in both parks that day. I think the longest we waited was 20 minutes, maybe.
This is us walking to Disneyland in the morning.
It was SO windy.
Chip and Dale
Seth trying to eat his huge turkey leg. Don't
worry he ate the whole thing!
In front of the falls at the Grizzly River Run.
In front of the castle. Not the cutest picture.
Thursday we spent the whole day at the beach. We walked up and down the beach, took pictures, and ate some lunch. Seth really wanted to get in the water but it was pretty cold. We even stayed long enough to see the sunset.
Seth is finally at the beach!:)
I'm not sure what he was looking for.
Geek!
He thinks he is so tough!
Watching the waves.
Pretty Sunset
Friday we went to Knott's Berry. It was okay. I don't know if I would go back. There was no one at the park that day. We walked on to every ride. The roller coasters there are pretty cool. You can only ride on them so many times before you feel sick. The weather wasn't the best that day. It started to rain so we decided to take a break for the rides and go eat at the Knott's Berry Farm restaurant. We both got the famous fried chicken. It was delicious! After lunch we decided to call it a day and went back the the hotel.
You ride these crazy horses on the Pony Express roller coaster.
Riding the train to stay out of the rain.
Saturday we went back to Disneyland. Saturday was very crowded. They were filming the Disneyland Christmas special something or another, so the park was packed. We went on a few rides and then decided to go do some things in Disneyland we don't normally do. We went to a lot of the shows and movies they have at the parks. We also walked around the shops and bought a few things. We got to see the castle all decorated for Christmas so that was kind of fun.
Riding the train around the park.
We rowed the canoes around the lake.
Meeting Mickey
Riding the pirate ship
In the Bug's Life park.
Mickey flower bed
At the "It's Tough to Be a Bug Show"
On main street in Disneyland. Walking out of the
park for the last time. :(
Sunday morning we packed up and drove home. It was the longest drive ever! From St. George to home it felt like it took another 12 hours. I was so glad to be home and sleep in my own bed again. I love going on vacation but it is always nice to come home. We had so much fun on our vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment