Monday, January 25, 2010

Nervous

This post is mainly for memory reasons so please don't feel like you have to read it, but you can if you want:)

Today Seth and I gave talks at church. We haven't had to give a talk for almost 3 years. I was reminded today how nervous I get when I have to speak in front of large groups of people. You would think that talking in front of people wouldn't bother me anymore because I teach. But, it still does. It took me forever to even prepare my talk. I always feel so inadequate to be teaching someone else about the gospel. I'm glad to say that I think it actually went okay though. I was happy to have Seth sitting behind me on the stand and my parents in the congregation to be there for support. Seth's talk was amazing. He always sounds like its no big deal to get up and speak. I am glad I had the chance to speak today. Its always good to take the time to really read the scripture and research the gospel.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

um sara, i'm the exact same way. I get sooooo nervous and have to practice in front of kyle like all week. and then kyle is no big deal and will prepare his the night before. I'm sure it went well... and just think, you wont be giving another talk any time soon. ;)

Lindsay said...

That's awesome! I talked in church yesterday too! What a coincidence! I got so nervous too, my heart was pounding. I'm pretty sure that counted as a cardio workout while I sat up there waiting for my turn!