Monday, July 21, 2008

The Little Things That Make a Married Woman So Happy

So my summer job has not been what you would call exciting. I have been working at the university cleaning the dorms. When it's summer time in good old cedar the university turns into more of a vacations spot than a school it seems. The dorms are the "resort" hotel and I'm one of the lucky few who get to clean them when guest check out. But today was a special day at work. One of my jobs was to go down into the very creepy laundry room and clean. Well it wasn't exactly the laundry room it was the extra creepy boiler room/ staff laundry room. It reminds me of a room in a scary movie that you see people go in but not come out. Anyways, while i was cleaning my boss asked me to move the plethora of laundry detergent that was collected over the summer and the previous semester to a table. Once it was on the table the staff could take what they wanted. Well it was laundry detergent heaven!!!! I was able to walk away with a very large box of Tide, a small box of Tide, and a few boxes of dryer sheets. I know this must sound very pathetic but as a poor, but happy, married couple it just made my day. I wont have to by laundry soap for months. And that is just a small and simple thing that makes me so happy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love laundry detergent! Remember our Costco bucket of detergent that lasted us almost all the way through college? Those were the days...

p.s. thank you for posting.

Jenn said...

I love that story! Mostly Because:
1. I hate buying laundry detergent too... everytime i do a load i feel like i'm wasting all the detergent.
2. I used to clean down in cedar too, i can't even remember what the name it was... but it was the dorms. (is your boss' name by chance james ipson?)
3. I miss you and i felt like we just connected :)

Jesse and Justine Thorn said...

That makes me happy too! You are so cute! I love you blog you two! I miss you tons!!