Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Update

Wow! It sure has been awhile. I just haven't known what to write about. Every time I have gone to write on our blog I can't think of anything to say. We live a very boring life. I will try to write something interesting. No Promises:)
I'm off track at the moment. It has been so nice to be off. Not that I don't love being a teacher but everyone needs a break. Way too short though, only 2 weeks and 2 day. Seth told me to just be grateful for getting a break and that normal people don't get 2 or 3 week long breaks from their jobs every nine weeks. I guess it is a pretty sweet deal.:) After I go back to school I only have 8 more weeks. I can't believe how fast the year has gone by. It has been a tough year. There has been a lot of new experiences, a lot of planning, and some tears here and there. But, for the most part it has been a great year. I owe a lot to my mom and my amazing team for all the help they gave me this year. I'm going to miss my little class.
We are still living in our cute little basement apartment in Draper. It is a great place to live. The people up stairs are so nice.
We also have a calling in our ward. We teach the 8-year- olds. Yup, we teach the same age I teach all week. I'm not going to lie it's tough sometimes but we like it for the most part.
Seth is still working with his Dad. I know it's hard for him to drive up to Kaysville everyday but he is a trooper and keeps working his little bum off.
Oh and we have been going to the gym. Not that this should be an all amazing thing but for us it's pretty awesome! I actually like it too. I'm glad Seth got us the couples gym pass:)
So I do have to show a picture of the cake I made for my little brother's birthday. My little brother turned 18. I can't believe it! I even helped him register for his first semester at SUU, the other night. (He is keeping the McCarty tradition alive.) How did he grow up so fast!?!:)
He is such a nice little brother to humor his older sister and let her make him a cake.


( It's a cheese burger, just in case you couldn't tell)

Well that's it for now. Sorry this was nothing exciting but hey it was a post.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow, what a cake! That's awesome! 8 more weeks...you can do it!!! Good luck!

Eric and Ash Doxey said...

SARA I love the cake!! It's amazing!