Friday, July 2, 2010

One Year Down

Today was my last day of my first year teaching! I can't believe that I did it! I actually made it through the year. It was hard, frustrating and stressful at times. But, for the most part I loved it. I had some really cute kids that I will miss seeing when I go back in August. I loved feeling like I was doing something of worth everyday. I'm super excited to start over and be a better teacher next year. But I want to enjoy my break first. It's hard to remember to take the time and enjoy the breaks you get, when your a year round teacher. I only have 6 weeks before I start the new school year. (Better than the 3 weeks some teachers get) My mind is already racing with all the things I need and want to do for next year. I'm going to try my hardest not to think about them for a few weeks though.
New subject, Seth's surgery. It went great! We were in the hospital for about 9 hours. The surgery lasted a little more then 3 1/2 hours. Seth was in the recovery room for almost 4 hours. Seth doesn't like to wake up after surgery. He enjoys the medication they give him a little too much. He gets REALLY relaxed. And nurses don't like to send you home when you are so relaxed you forget to breath. Yes, that did happen. Anyways, he is doing just fine now, a week later. He actually moved out of the bedroom today and is sitting in the family room. He was really excited to be in a new room for a few hours. We have a follow up appointment Tuesday and it seems after that the recovery goes really fast. He only has two knees so I'm crossing my fingers he is done with this kind of surgery:)

No comments: