Sammie is 8 months and counting. I can't believe she is that old already. I think I say that every time, but seriously it goes by so fast.
Samantha started really crawling about a month ago. She is the cutest little crawler. Some days she will drag one leg and pull the other one up behind her
when going across the hardwood floor. It's the silliest thing to see. She is a fast crawler and has started pulling herself up on things. She is definitely a little explorer. 

She got her first tooth about a week ago. She has been pretty grumpy while teething. She has also decided to stop sleeping though the night, which is really fun. We are hoping she goes back to sleeping through the night, soon. 
Samantha loves to eat solid foods. She loves them so much she has stopped drinking milk while being babysat. We are a little worried about her but she seems to still be growing and is happy. The second I walk in the door she is ready to eat though, little stinker! She loves fruits and veggies. We found out she loves tomatoes! She also really likes cheese, must be her momma's girl. We haven't really found anything that she doesn't like to eat. We did tried to give her juice the other day and she did not like it. She still loves her water. She has the cutest little personality. Around some people she is very shy and serious. I've had multiple people ask me if my baby ever smiles. That always makes me laugh because at home she smiles and laughs all the time. She loves to play games with Seth and crawl away from him to hide. She also likes to play peek-a-boo. It's so cute. She loves to "talk" and has learned to wave bye bye. She will give hugs to Seth and I when we get home or in the morning when we take her out of the crib.
She has a bad habit with/obsession with hair. She can not fall asleep with out pulling/holding/playing with hair. It's kind of annoying. But, it's my own fault. I will remember not to let that happen with the next little one we have. (not that we are having another one anytime soon) We even bought a doll to put in her crib so she can play with its hair at nigh. We were hoping it would help her sleep through the night but it didn't work.
She has been a stinker when it comes to changing her diaper and putting on clothes lately. I hope she grows out of this phase soon. Please tell me she will grow out of it?!?! She also does not love getting in her car seat. We went on a trip to Montana about a month ago and I was really nervous about the 10 hour drive. She actually did really well. I sat in back with her most of the time. We had so much fun visiting Seth's brother and his family. We swam almost everyday in their pool, went for a fun hike, and just hung out. It was a great little vacation.
This has been a very long post. I could write about little Smantha for ever but I think this is enough for now.

2 comments:
She is so cute! I can't believe how big she is getting!
She is a doll!! You go ahead and write everything you want about her. You won't regret being able to read back and remember exactly how she was at 8 mo. I wish so bad I could go back to just one day with my first baby at 8 mo. and just enjoy her a little more. They grow so fast!
Post a Comment